Start an Award Center
The Duke of Edinburghâ€™s International Award is a proven learning framework that helps young people develop life-skills and uncover their purpose, passion, and place in the world.
Now more than ever, young people in the United States need extraordinary resilience, grit, and self-esteem to survive and thrive. With a holistic emphasis on community service, skill-building, and physical activity, the Award complements formal classroom learning and pre-existing extracurricular activities. Participants self-design a multi-year program focused on challenging real-world experiences. Upon completion, they join our US alumni community of 8,000 Award Holders and growing, as well as millions more around the globe, in having achieved this internationally recognized credential.
The Award can be delivered in schools, universities, youth-serving organizations and clubs, Scouting groups, juvenile justice programsâ€” essentially, any organization that works directly with young people!
This list features our licensed Award Centers across the country. Read on to learn how you can partner with the Award.
Award Programs in the USA
Ridgeview Classical Schools (Fort Collins, CO)
Project Imo (Willmantic, CT)
District of Columbia
British International School of Washington (Washington, DC)
British International School of Chicago – South Loop (Chicago, IL)
Boy Scouts of America – Pathway to Adventure Council (Chicago, IL)
Union League Boys & Girls Club (Chicago, IL)
Holton-Arms School (Bethesda, MD)
British International School of Boston (Boston, MA)
Boy Scouts of America – Northern Star Council (St. Paul, MN)
Boy Scouts of America- Nevada Area Council (Reno, NV)
Newark Public Schools: Bard High School Early College Newark (Newark, NJ)
Newark Public Schools: Newark School of Data Science and Information Technology (Newark, NJ)
Newark Public Schools:Â Science Park High SchoolÂ (Newark, NJ)
Newark Public Schools: Technology High SchoolÂ (Newark, NJ)
Philadelphia Outward Bound (Philadelphia, PA)
Boy Scouts of America – Middle Tennessee CouncilÂ (Nashville, TN)
Austin Chinese-American Network (Austin, TX)
Boy Scouts of America – Alamo Area Council (San Antonio, TX)
British International School of Houston (Houston, TX)
Great Hearts Northern Oaks (San Antonio, TX)
Saint Mary’s Hall (San Antonio, TX)
The Baden Powell Legacy Foundation (Orem, UT)
Boy Scouts of America – Tidewater Council (Virginia Beach, VA)
Dishman Hills High School (Spokane, WA)
Williams Bay School District: Williams Bay High School (Williams Bay, WI)
Organizational benefits of delivering the Award
- Framework: Provides a framework that has stood the test of time in challenging young people to become their best selves.
- Interconnection: Fosters greater connectivity between the young person and the organization by forming individual relationships between adults serving as Award Leader and young people as Participants.
- Partnerships: Allows organizations to connect and build partnershipsÂ as young people seek to fulfill Award section requirements. For instance, the Award provides opportunities for service organizations to connect with physical fitness organizations as young people complete both their Service and Physical Recreation sections locally.
- Foundation: Builds a foundation of skills for young people, improving their prospects of securing a college/university placement or employment by doing The Duke of Edinburghâ€™s International Award.
- International Recognition: Recognizes the achievements of young people worldwide using the same accreditation for their experiences.
How does my organization get involved?
The Duke of Edinburghâ€™s International Award USA uses a social franchising model to delegate, under license, the rights and responsibilities of delivering the Award to organizations across the United States. Once licensed as Award Centers, our partners receiving training and ongoing support to implement the program in their unique context.
To learn more about the licensing process and how to apply, complete the form below and an Award USA staff member will be in touch!
Interested in Award USA?