A Special Message on our COVID-19 Response
First and foremost we send our wishes of fortitude, safety, and well being. As we recalibrate our work and school lives amid the evolving COVID-19 pandemic, we are thankful for our #AwardUSA family.
While current circumstances limit some traditional delivery for completing the Award program, we are committed to continue the work you have entrusted us to do. Because each participant forges their own unique path, our focus is on supporting our participants and volunteers as they work creatively to achieve their goals.
The fundamental premise of Award USA is to build resiliency, confidence, and leadership skills outside the classroom. What we face now, while challenging, provides new opportunities for growth.
Because of your support:
- All Award USA volunteers, our Volunteer Coordinators and Leaders, are being supported with new tools and guidance on how to work remotely calibrating the Award to these new times.
- Our program staff continue to enroll new young people in the newly launched virtual Open Award Center.Â
- Our participants continue to help others, learn, build resilience, and show the grit that is a hallmark of leadership.Â Â
We know the power of our program and the determination of its participants. During a time when many leadership channels are being closed indefinitely, we can ensure that young adults still have access to skills and recognition they need to succeed beyond the classroom.
There are three ways that you can help:
- Donate to Award USA. This ensures that we can continue to offer more virtual award programs, train volunteers, and support our young people.
- Set Award USA as your Amazon Smile charity of choice. We are listed as National Office The Duke Of Edinburgh’s International Award USA.
- Join the conversation. On social media, use the hashtags #AwardUSA and #WorldReady. Join us as we build community, celebrate young leaders along their journey, and help program awareness.
We thank you, as always, for your support. Wishing you good health.
Award USA, CEO
The Duke of Edinburgh’s International Award USA